Cosmetic Packaging Material and Production Process
I. Major Categories of Plastic Materials
1. AS: The hardness is not high, relatively brittle (there is a crisp sound when tapping), transparent color, and the background color is bluish, it can be directly in contact with cosmetics and food. In ordinary lotion bottles and vacuum bottles, it is usually the bottle body It can also be used to make small-capacity cream bottles. It is transparent.
2. ABS: It is an engineering plastic, not environmentally friendly, and has high hardness. It cannot be directly in contact with cosmetics and food. In acrylic cosmetic packaging materials, it is generally used for inner covers and shoulder covers. The color is yellowish or milky white.
3. PP, PE: They are environmentally friendly materials that can be directly in contact with cosmetics and food. They are the main materials for filling organic skin care products. The original color of the material is whitish and translucent. According to different molecular structures, three different degrees of softness and hardness can be achieved.
4. PET: It is an environmentally friendly material that can be directly in contact with cosmetics and food. It is the main material for filling organic skin care products. The PET material is soft and its natural color is transparent.
5. PCTA and PETG: They are environmentally friendly materials that can be directly in contact with cosmetics and food. They are the main materials for filling organic skin care products. The materials are soft and transparent. PCTA and PETG are soft and easy to scratch. And it is not commonly used for spraying and printing.
6. Acrylic: The material is hard, transparent, and the background color is whitish. In addition, in order to maintain a transparent texture, acrylic is often sprayed inside the outer bottle, or colored during injection molding.
II. Types of Pckaging Bottles
1. Vacuum bottle: cap, shoulder cover, vacuum pump, piston. Rely on air pressure to use. The matching nozzles have a chicken beak tip (some are all plastic or covered with a layer of anodized aluminum), and the duckbill flat head is covered with a layer of plastic.
2. Lotion bottle: consists of a cap, a shoulder sleeve, a lotion pump, and a piston. Most of them have hoses inside. Most of them are made of acrylic outside and PP inside. The cover is acrylic on the outside and ABS on the inside. If the dairy industry is poor
3. Perfume bottle:
1). The internal composition is glass and the exterior is made of aluminum (rotating and non-rotating according to the hijab)
2). PP bottle (small injection full PP)
3). Glass drip irrigation
4). The inner tank of the perfume bottle is mostly Glass type and PP’s. Large-capacity glass should be used, because the storage time is longer, and PP is suitable for small-capacity short-term storage. Most PCTA and PETG are not perfumed.
4. Cream bottle: there are outer cover, inner cover, outer bottle and inner liner.
A. The outside is made of acrylic, and the inside is made of PP. The cover is made of acrylic and ABS with a layer of PP gasket.
B. Inner ceramic, PP outer anodized aluminum, cover outer anodized aluminum, PP inner ABS with a layer of PP gasket.
C. All PP bottle with a layer of PP gasket inside.
D. External ABS internal PP. There is a layer of PP gasket.
5. Blow molding bottle: the material is mostly PET. There are three kinds of lids: swing lid, flip lid and twist lid. Blow molding is the direct blowing of preforms. The characteristic is that there is a raised point at the bottom of the bottle. Brighter in light.
6. Blow injection bottle: the material is mostly PP or PE. There are three kinds of lids: swing lid, flip lid and twist lid. Blow injection bottle is a process that combines blow injection and blow molding, and only needs one mold. The characteristic is that there is a bonded line at the bottom of the bottle.
7. Aluminum-plastic hose: the innermost one is made of PE material and the outer one is made of aluminum packaging. And offset printing. Cutting and then splicing. According to the tube head, it can be divided into round tube, flat tube and oval tube. Price: round tube<oval tube<flat tube
8. All-plastic hose: all are made of PE material, and the hose is pulled out first before cutting, offset printing, silk screen printing and hot stamping. According to the tube head, it can be divided into round tube, flat tube and oval tube. In terms of price: round tube<oval tube<flat tube.
III. Nozzle, Lotion Pump, Hand Washing Pump and Length Measurement
1. Nozzle: Bayonet (half bayonet aluminum, full bayonet aluminum), screw sockets are all plastic, but some are covered with a layer of aluminum cover and a layer of anodized aluminum.
2. Lotion pump: It is divided into vacuum and suction tube, both of which are screw ports. Also can cover the aluminum cover of one deck anodized aluminum on the big cover of screw port and the head cap. It is divided into two types: sharp beak and duck beak.
3. Hand washing pump: the caliber is too large, and they are all screw ports. Also can cover the aluminum cover of one deck anodized aluminum on the big cover of screw port and the head cap. Generally, those with steps are threaded, and those without steps are left and right knobs.
Length measurement: Divide the straw length (from gasket to hose end or FBOG length). Exposed length. And the length measured from under the hood (equal to the length from the shoulder to the bottom of the bottle).
Classification of specifications: mainly rely on product inner diameter (inner diameter is the diameter of the innermost end of the pump) or the height of the large ring.
Nozzle: 15/18/20 MM plastic also divided into 18/20/24
Lotion Pump: 18/20/24 MM
Hand pump: 24/28/32(33) MM
Large circle height: 400/410/415 (just the pure specification code is not the actual height)
Note: The expression of specification classification is as follows: lotion pump: 24/415
Metering measurement method: (actually the dose of the liquid sprayed out by the nozzle at one time) There are two types of peeling measurement method and absolute value measurement method. The error is within 0.02g. The size of the pump body is also used to distinguish the metering.
IV. Coloring Process
1. Anodized aluminum: the aluminum exterior is wrapped in one layer of inner plastic.
2. Electroplating (UV): Compared with the spray pattern, the effect is brighter.
3. Spraying: Compared with electroplating, the color is dull.
Frosting: A frosted texture.
Spraying on the outside of the inner bottle: it is spraying on the outside of the inner bottle. There is an obvious gap between the outer bottle and the outer bottle. Viewed from the side, the spray area is small.
Spray inside the outer bottle: It is spray-painted on the inner side of the outer bottle, which looks larger from the outside. Viewed vertically, the area is relatively small. And there is no gap with the inner bottle.
4. Brushed gold-coated silver: It is actually a film, and you can find the gaps on the bottle if you observe carefully.
5. Secondary oxidation: It is to carry out secondary oxidation on the original oxide layer, so that the smooth surface is covered with dull patterns or the dull surface has smooth patterns. Mostly used for logo making.
6. Injection color: Toner is added to the raw materials when the product is injected. The process is relatively cheap. Bead powder can also be added, and cornstarch can also be added to make the PET transparent color become opaque (add some toner to adjust the color). The generation of water ripples is related to the amount of pearl powder added.
V. Printing Process
1. Silk screen printing: After printing, the effect has obvious unevenness. Because it is a layer of ink. Silk screen regular bottles (cylindrical) can be printed at one time. Other irregular piece one-time charges. Color is also a one-time fee. And it is divided into two types: self-drying ink and UV ink. The self-drying ink is easy to fall off for a long time, and can be wiped off with alcohol. UV ink has obvious unevenness to the touch and is difficult to wipe off.
2. Hot stamping: a thin layer of paper is hot stamped on it. So there is no unevenness of silk screen printing. And it is best not to hot stamp directly on the two materials of PE and PP. It needs to be heat transfer first and then hot stamping. Or good hot stamping paper can also be hot stamped directly. Hot stamping cannot be done on aluminum and plastic, but hot stamping can be done on full speed.
3. Water transfer printing: it is an irregular printing process carried out in water. The printed lines are inconsistent. And the price is more expensive.
4. Thermal transfer printing: Thermal transfer printing is mostly used for products with large quantities and complicated printing. It belongs to attaching a layer of film on the surface. The price is on the expensive side.
5. Offset printing: mostly used for aluminum-plastic hoses and all-plastic hoses. If the offset printing is a colored hose, silk screen printing must be used when making white, as the offset printing will show the background color. And sometimes a layer of bright film or sub-film is attached to the surface of the hose.
Post time: Dec-23-2022